HelpCenter Corrector Documentation
The HelpCenter Corrector plugin is designed to restrict an access to a Jira Service Desk HelpCenter.
There are three types of restrictions: for all users at once, per group and for users without group.
Plugin settings page can be found at “Other” section of “Addons” page.
Add or update restriction
To restrict access to the HelpCenter for all users do the following:
- Select “All users” in “Restriction type” dropdown list (you are not able to set groups for this type of restriction).
- Specify the URL to redirect.
Note: base url will be set to your instance URL.
- Press “Save” button to save changes.
- Press “Enable” button, if it is not enabled, to enable restriction.
To disable “All users” restriction press “Disable” button.
After that all HelpCenter links in ServiceDesk will be hidden from any user. If the user tries access HelpCenter using direct link, he will be redirected to the URL that you have specified.
There is also an option to save top-left corner link, but replace its URL with the one that configured. To do so please check "Preserve Header Link" checkbox.
In version 1.3 we have added ability to enter custom redirection URLs and implemented compatibility with RefinedTheme for Jira Service Desk. You can see appropriate options on the screenshot.The restriction for users without groups can be configured in the same way as restrictions for all users.
Selecting restriction type
To set up group restriction do the following:
- Select “Group” in “Restriction type” dropdown list.
- Specify group or groups separated by commas manually or use "Group picker" icon to open group picker search form.
- Specify the URL to redirect. Note: base url will be set to your instance URL.
- Press “Save” button to save changes. Restriction will be added to the table, if there is no other restrictions, or it will be updated.
After these steps all HelpCenter links in ServiceDesk will be hidden from any user that belongs to a group you have specified. If the user tries access HelpCenter using direct link, he will be redirected to the URL that you provided.
The steps for editing are the same as for adding - value will be updated.
Remove restrictionTo remove group do the following:
- Find the group you need to remove in the “Groups” dropdown button in “Restricted group” section.
- Select group or groups that need to be removed.
- Press “Delete” button.
Dropdown list with restricted groups
Search Bar OptionsIf you need to remove search bar from Service Desk portals overview screen (Help Center) or from Customer Portal screen you can use following options:
- Hide HelpCenter Search Bar
- Hide Customer Portal Search Bar